Co-Sponsored by MSU Vice President of Research & Graduate Studies
To help defray the costs of traveling to and from conferences, COGS provides up to $300 in the form of a Conference award. This can be awarded only once during a graduate lifetime. Please review the Conference Award Guidelines before applying. Conference Awards are only awarded to individuals presenting research at a conference. If you are not presenting, please submit a Professional Development Award application. Please note, we are asking recipients of this reward to include a letter of thanks to our sponsor with reimbursement documentation.
To submit an online application, you will need:
- Statement of Justification: In 500 words or less, please describe the conference you will be attending, what original research you will be presenting, and how the experience will enhance your academic and/or professional skills.
- Letter of recommendation: Please have your major professor or advisor write a letter (1) confirming your attendance and planned presentation at the conference (2) explaining how this experience will contribute to your academic career. If you professor wishes to submit the letter directly to our office, it can be emailed to email@example.com
Applications are reviewed on a rolling-basis. Applications are due by 5pm on the stated due date, and will be reviewed and then approved by full council as follows:
- Applications due September 19, 2018 to be reviewed Thursday, September 20. Final approval at October 10th full council meeting.
- Applications due October 17, 2018 to be reviewed Thursday, October 18. Final approval at November 14th full council meeting.
- Applications due November 21, 2018 to be reviewed November 28. Final approval at December 5th full council meeting.
- Applications due January 16, 2019 to be reviewed January 30, approved at February 13th full council meeting.
- Applications due February 13, 2019 to be reviewed February 20, for approval at March 13th full council meeting.
- Applications due March 20, 2019 to be reviewed March 27, for approval at April 10th full council meeting.
No FALL conference awards will be considered after November 21st. Please contact the office (517) 353-9189 if you have any questions.