Virtual EPIC (English Partners in Communication), offered by the TESOL program, will return in the spring of 2022 to help adult nonnative speakers of English to develop their oral communication skills. Since EPIC is virtual (and free!), it is open to individuals outside of the Greater Lansing area.
Some of the benefits of participating in EPIC include the following:
- Organization of classes into different levels of proficiency
- Experienced teachers and conversation partners
- Opportunities to build vocabulary, learn idioms, and develop speaking confidence
- Conversations about American culture
- Tips on how to offer suggestions in group discussion
- Opportunities to practice small talk.
Registration for classes will be held online from January 17 through January 31, 2022. Placement interviews will be conducted on Zoom, and synchronous classes will then be held Tuesday and Thursday evenings starting at 6:30 p.m. EST on Zoom from March 15 to April 21, 2022. A link to begin the registration process will be available on our website where more information is posted: https://elc.msu.edu/epic
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Debra M. Hardison, firstname.lastname@example.org